Ph.D in Human Genetics, Glasgow University, UK. 1992
B.Sc. in Zoology, Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1987
Associate Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics
- Somatic Cell Microsatellite DNA Instability, Kuwait University (Z043), complete (1996-1998).
- Genetic Characterization of Apolipoprotein E in Kuwait, Kuwait University (SL01/ 02), Complete (2003-2004).
- Genetic Characterization of Apolipoprotein B in the Kuwaiti Population, Kuwait University (SL05/03), Complete (2005-2008).
- The characterization of SNP's at the APOA1/CIII/IV/V gene cluster and its association with triglyceride levels in the Kuwaiti population, Kuwait University (SL09/07), Ongoing (2008-2011).
- Screening for putative mutations in the LPL gene in association with TG and HDL-C among a sample of Kuwaiti Arabs, Kuwait University (SL04/11) (2012-2015).
- Principle Investigator for M.Sc Projects:
- Selective genetic markers in association with the development of heart disease among the Kuwaiti population, Kuwait University (YS06/09), Completed September, 2011.
- Characterization of the APOE polymorphism and hypercholesterolemia among the general Kuwaiti population, Kuwait University (YM12/09), Ongoing (01/04/2010-30/09/2011).
- Investigation of Trinucleotide Repeats Instability in Human Breast Cancer, Kuwait University (NPM032), Complete (1996-1998).
- Genetic variation of some commercially and/or ecologically important animal species in Kuwait, Kuwait University (SL00/03), Complete (2002-2004).
- The application of microsatellite repeats in the study of genetic diversity and population structure of selected mammals in Kuwait, Kuwait University (SL02/03), Complete (2004-2007).
- Identification of Kuwaiti Populations of Some Commercially Important Aquatic Animal Species using Molecular Markers, Kuwait University (SL05/07), Ongoing (2008-2011).
- Characterization of Microphallids from different intermediate host species and geographical localities in Kuwait Bay by sequences of internal transcribed spacers of rDNA (SL08/08), Ongoing (2009-2011).
- Association of genetic polymorphisms at the Vitamin K Epoxide Reductase Complex I (VKORC1) and Cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) gene loci with Warafin dosage effect in a sample of the Kuwaiti population (MM01/08), (2011-2013).
1. Undergraduate Courses
Biology Zoo-101 for Medical students (1997-2005)
Introduction to Molecular Biology 0490-281
Introduction to Molecular Genetics 0497-371
Molecular Basis of Human Disease 0497-404
Molecular Biology 0493-417 (Initiated by me)
Molecular Biology Lab 0497-483 (Initiated by me)
Term Paper 0490-309 & 0493-493
2. Undergraduate Course Coordinator
Genetics 0493-320 (2005-2010)
Molecular Biology Lab 0497-483 (1997-2012)
3. Graduate Courses
Human Molecular Genetics 2050-511
Molecular Biology II 2050-502
Research Seminar 2050-505
Molecular Biology Techniques 2050-504 (Course Coordinator 2008- to date)